Find Us here:

Tel: 0300 303

Login to your online accountLogin to your online account
Register for your PIN to access your account onlineRegister for your PIN to access your account online
Saving & Loans Paying in & withdrawals

How can I withdraw money?

The credit union account is a 'no notice' savings account, but we need time to process withdrawal requests. We require at least 1 working days' notice for all withdrawals.

Bank Transfer

We can transfer funds direct to your bank account. You can request a share withdrawal online in the secure member area. Alternatively please complete a Click to DownloadDownload BACS registration form (70.5kb) to ensure that we have the correct bank account details. Once this registered with us, just complete a Click to DownloadDownload BACS share withdrawal form (318kb) for each withdrawal.

Personal Cheques

You can request a personal cheque withdrawal to be issued through the secure member section of the website here. Complete the Click to DownloadDownload Cheque share withdrawal form (52.8kb) and send to our office or email a scanned version to This form is available in the secure member area of our website and can then be sent directly to us electronically and securely. You can also request a withdrawal by calling our office between 9.30am and 4.00pm, weekdays only.

For security reasons we do not issue cash - we provide cheques only. These can be paid to you or a third party. You must bring identification with you to receive your cheque. If you are unable to get into our office to collect your cheque, then we will send it to you via post. If we do send a cheque in the post, this is done at your own risk and if the cheque is lost, an administration fee of £20 may be charged for replacement.


We no longer issue cheques to cash at Post Offices.

Members can still request cheques to be cashed in the Western Road Co-op Bank, in Brighton, for a £2.50 charge. You will be asked to take ID and an authorisation letter from us to cash your cheque at this branch.

If you have previously had cheques made to cash, you may want to consider opening an Engage account or a bank account so you can have money transferred from your credit union account electronically.

How do I pay money into an account?

Bank Transfer

Pay directly into your ESCU account using your member number as a reference. Our bank details are:

Bank Name:
Account Name:
Sort Code:
Account Number:
Example Ref:

The Co-Operative Bank
East Sussex Credit Union
0000.A.Example [MemberNumber.Initial.Surname]


If you are paying £7.50 or more you can pay at any shop or Post Office displaying the 'PP' sign. Just hand your card and payment to the assistant and they will register it and give you a receipt. You do not need a bank account to have a PayPoint card. If you would like a card please contact us.

Please keep the receipts so you can check them against your account.

Standing Order

If you have a bank account, then you can set up a standing order. Just complete this form and send it to us.

Click to DownloadDownload Standing Order Mandate (174.2kb)

Cheque by post or in person at our Hove Town Hall Office.

You can pay by cheque through the post. Please ensure you put your membership number and address on the back of the cheque and post to East Sussex Credit Union, Hove Town Hall, Tisbury Road Offices, Tisbury Road, Hove, BN3 3BQ. Cheques will have to clear before withdrawals can be made against the deposit. We will send you a receipt by post. Alternatively you can pay a cheque in at our Hove Town Hall office or give cheques to our representatives at our help points across the county.


We can only accept cash at our Hove Town Hall Office. We are open 9.30am - 4pm Monday - Fridays.
A receipt will be issued.

We cannot accept cash at our Help Points.

Your Savings Accounts

Members can have up to four savings 'sub-accounts' , called Share Accounts (S1, S2, S3 and S4) you can pay into.
For example:

  • S1 is used for savings against loans.
  • Members can choose to have the S2 account used for holiday savings, S3 for College Fees and S4 for Christmas.

You just tell us once and then every time you pay, your money is distributed according to your initial instructions. You can tell us in person or in writing.

A statement can be requested at any time in person or by post.

Contact Us
  • East Sussex Credit Union
  • Tel: 0300 303 3188
  • Email:
  • Web:
Follow Us
Find Us here:
Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority